Cauliflower is a crunchy vegetable that has a slightly nutty flavor with sweet undertones. For some there is a slight bitter aftertaste.
- Provides 85% of the daily recommended amount of vitamin C in 1 cup!
- Good source of fiber, which helps your digestive system
- High in folate, which helps produce new cells
- Steam, sauté, grill, roast, or microwave cauliflower.
- Make creamy cauliflower soup.
- Enjoy cauliflower raw with your favorite dip.
- Add cooked cauliflower to mashed potatoes.
- Do not rinse until ready to use.
- Cut out the center bottom of the cauliflower.
- Rinse under running water and shake out extra water.
- Break the top of the cauliflower, also known as curds, into smaller pieces with your hands.
- Store fresh cauliflower heads in a loosely closed or perforated plastic bag in the refrigerator.
- Cauliflower needs air circulation, so don't seal or knot the bag closed.