1 1/2 cups skim milk
1 tablespoon honey
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 large ripe bananas, sliced
Non-stick cooking spray
- Beat the eggs and add milk, honey, and oil to the mixture.
- Add the flours and oats, baking powder, and banana slices to the mixture.
- Coat the surface of a non-stick pan with cooking spray and warm the pan in medium heat.
- Pour batter by 1/4 cup on to the hot cooking surface. Cook until bubbles break on the pancake top and edges begin to dry. Turn over pancake.
- Cook about 1 minute on the flip side or until golden brown.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 until all the batter is gone.
- Substitute other fruits such as apples for bananas to explore new flavors.
- Do not save the leftover batter. Instead, make it into pancakes and freeze the extra pancakes.
- Do not give honey to infants less than 1 year of age.
- If you are running short on time, swap in a “complete” pancake mix. Follow the recipe on the package and add the oats and bananas as listed on this recipe. Add additional water or milk if the batter is too thick.