Banana walnut oatmeal
- 2/3 cup milk (non-fat, dry)
- 1 dash salt
- 2 3/4 cups water
- 2 cups oats (quick cooking)
- 2 bananas (very ripe, mashed)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons walnuts (chopped)
1. In a small saucepan, combine reconstituted non-fat dry milk, salt, and additional water. Heat over medium heat until steaming hot, but not boiling.
2. Add oats and cook, stirring until creamy, 1 to 2 minutes.
3. Remove the pan from heat and stir in mashed banana and maple syrup. Divide between 4 bowls, garnish with walnuts, and serve.
You can substitute 2 cups water or 2 cups skim milk for the reconstituted non-fat dry milk.