Nonstick cooking spray
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar, plus 1/2 tablespoon
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup milk
1∕3 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups unthawed frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spray nonstick vegetable cooking spray on 12 muffin tins.
- In a large mixing bowl combine flours, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, mix milk, oil, egg, and vanilla until well blended.
- Add milk mixture to dry ingredients. Stir until just moistened.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins.
- Sprinkle tops with 1/2 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- If you do not have whole wheat flour, you can substitute another cup of all-purpose flour in this recipe, but it will not be as healthy.
- In general, you can substitute whole wheat flour for half of the all-purpose flour in any recipe and it will not affect the overall recipe. And it is healthier!
- If you do not have blueberries or do not like them, swap in 2 cups of other frozen or fresh chopped fruit.