Blueberry spinach smoothie
1 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup fresh strawberries or other fresh or frozen red or purple fruit
1 ripe banana, peeled
1 cup spinach leaves
1 cup plain yogurt
3/4 cup skim or low-fat milk
- Wash spinach and strawberries (or other fresh fruit). Remove stems.
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve immediately.
- Add ice to thicken the smoothie.
- Add water, milk or 100% fruit juice to blend more smoothly.
- Use any combination of fresh and frozen fruit.
- Try kale or other greens in place of or in addition to the spinach.