- 1 package (10-oz) frozen chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup water
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup nonfat or low-fat milk
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (3 oz)
- 1 tablespoon Chopped green onion
- 1 small carrot, diced
- nonstick cooking spray
- Combine broccoli, carrot, if desired, and water in 10-inch nonstick skillet. Cook over medium heat until tender, stirring occasionally to break up broccoli, about 10 minutes; drain well.
- Beat eggs, milk, mustard, salt and pepper in large bowl until blended. Add broccoli mixture, cheese and green onion; mix well.
- Coat same skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat until eggs are almost set, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Cover and let stand until eggs are completely set and no visible liquid egg remains, 8 to 10 minutes. Cut into wedges.
Broil option: After removing from heat, frittata can be broiled, 6 inches from heat until eggs are completely set and no visible liquid egg remains, 2 to 3 minutes.
Three ways to serve a frittata: Serve wedges right from pan, slide uncut frittata topside-up onto platter, or invert it onto platter to show its nicely-browned bottom.