Broccoli grape salad
6 cups fresh broccoli florets
6 green onions, sliced
1 cup celery, diced
1 cup green grapes
1 cup seedless red grapes
1 cup low-fat mayonnaise
1/3 cup sugar
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1/4 pound bacon, cooked and crumbled1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large salad bowl, combine the broccoli, onions, celery, and grapes.
- In another bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, sugar, and vinegar; pour over broccoli mixture and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Stir in bacon and almonds just before serving.
- This salad tastes fine without the bacon and nuts, if you need to remove either of them due to dietary needs or allergies. Removing them would also lower the overall fat and sodium for this recipe.
- This salad will make a welcomed lunch to pack in your children’s or your lunch box. Keep the bacon and almonds packed in a separate container or small bag, to be added to the salad before eating.