- vegetable oil spray
- 4 ounces spaghetti, whole wheat uncooked
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, medium (thinly sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper, medium (thinly sliced)
- 1 onion, medium (chopped)
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, skinless and diced (cooked without salt, about 8 ounces)
- 1 can tomatoes, diced undrained (14.5 ounces) (low sodium )
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (reduced sodium (10.75 ounces))
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, reduced fat shredded
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese (shredded or grated)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray an 8-inch square baking dish with vegetable oil spray.
2. Prepare the spaghetti using the package directions, omitting the salt and oil. Drain well in a colander.
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat, swirling to coat the bottom. Cook the bell peppers and onion for 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally.
4. Pour into a large bowl. Stir in the remaining ingredients, including the spaghetti. Pour into a baking dish.
5. Bake, covered, for 20 minutes. Bake, uncovered for 10 minutes, or until the mixture is warmed through and light golden brown on top.