Corn tortilla quesadillas
8 corn tortillas
1/2 cup frozen or canned corn
1/2 cup canned black beans
2∕3 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese or shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
Optional: Non-stick cooking spray
Optional: Salsa and/or sour cream or greek yogurt
- Spread 1/4 of the corn, black beans, and cheese on a tortilla. Top the mixture with another tortilla. Repeat until you have four assembled quesadillas.
- Heat a fry pan or skillet over medium heat. Spray with cooking spray if needed.
- Fry a quesadilla until the cheese melts and the bottom is crispy.
- Flip the quesadilla and cook until the bottom is crispy.
- Repeat with the remaining quesadillas and serve with salsa and/or sour cream or greek yogurt.
- Quesadillas are a great dish to get children to eat their vegetables. Add other finely chopped vegetables, such as onions, bell peppers, cooked potatoes, greens, or summer squash that you have on hand.
- Serve the quesadillas with a garden salad for a complete meal.
- Let your children help you prepare this recipe. Older children can open cans, shred cheese, and chop any additional vegetables you want to add. Younger children can help assemble the quesadillas. Or set up the ingredients assembly-line-style, and have each child create his or her own quesadilla.