1 tablespoon oil (canola, olive, or vegetable)
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
15-ounce can black beans
3/4 cup frozen corn, thawed
1/2 cup onion, diced
1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
1 cup tomatoes, chopped
1 avocado, chopped
- Whisk oil, vinegar, lemon juice, and mustard in a small bowl.
- Stir beans, corn, onion, bell pepper, and tomatoes in a medium bowl.
- Pour dressing over bean mixture. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Add avocado just before serving. Gently stir to combine.
- Rinse the beans to reduce the sodium content.
- Use low sodium canned beans.
- Put 1/2 cup over baked chicken and serve along with wild rice.
- Serve with whole grain chips.
- Serve on the side with scrambled eggs.
- Roll-up with your favorite taco.
- Can substitute black-eyed peas or any other canned beans for the black beans in this recipe.