Creamy brown rice pudding
2 cups brown rice, cooked
2 cups 1% or skim milk
1 ounce package sugar-free vanilla pudding or 3.4 ounce package instant* vanilla pudding
1 teaspoon cinnamon
Optional: 2 tablespoons raisins or dried cranberries
*This was used for the nutritional analysis.
- In a medium bowl, stir the rice, milk, and pudding mix together.
- Stir in cinnamon.
- Add raisins or dried cranberries, if desired.
- Chill and serve when pudding is firm.
- To cook the brown rice, follow the package directions or see Wild and brown rice: www.z.umn.edu/31as.
- This pudding is also tasty topped with chopped fresh fruit, such is apples, pears, apricots, peaches, or cherries. Canned fruit or thawed frozen fruit can be substituted for the fresh.
- Brown rice is the healthier alternative to white rice as it is a whole grain. Cooked brown rice can be substituted for cooked white rice in any recipe.