Crunchy corn salad
2 packages frozen corn (10 ounces each), thawed; or corn kernels cut from 4-5 cooked medium cobs (about 3 1/2 cups)
1 large red onion, chopped
1 large green pepper, chopped
1 8-ounce package low-fat shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise (not salad dressing)
1 small bag (3-ounces) baked tortilla chips, crushed
- Mix corn, onion, green pepper, cheddar cheese, and mayonnaise together in a bowl.
- Add crushed tortilla chips and mix.
- Use fresh vegetables from your own garden or the farmers market.
- Add black beans, tomatoes, cilantro, basil, or any other fresh vegetables or herbs.
- Choose chips that suit your taste.
- May be served in a wrap.
- Use 1 package of corn instead of 2 and serve as a dip.