Cucumber yogurt dip
2 cups plain low-fat yogurt
1/2 cup light sour cream
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dry dill
1 garlic clove, chopped
1 cup cherry tomatoes
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup carrot sticks or baby carrots
- Peel, seed, and grate one cucumber. Slice the other cucumber and set aside.
- Mix the yogurt, grated cucumber, sour cream, lemon juice, dill, and garlic in a serving bowl. Chill for 1 hour.
- Arrange the sliced cucumber, tomatoes, broccoli, and carrots on a colorful platter. Serve with the cucumber dip
- This dip goes great with any vegetables or even crackers. You can mix and match anything for this!
- Make your own gyros. Serve this dip in whole wheat pita pockets with thinly sliced grilled chicken or beef, sliced onions and tomatoes, and shredded lettuce.
- Turn this dip into a tasty cucumber dressing for salads. Thin the dip with some low-fat milk, a splash of vinegar, and a splash of olive oil. Mix the dressing and adjust liquids and seasonings for the desired thickness and taste.