English muffin veggie pizza
1 cup broccoli, chopped
1 tablespoon water
4 English muffins
1 cup pizza sauce or spaghetti sauce
1/2 cup part skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
3 tablespoons carrot, shredded
1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- Place broccoli and water in a small glass bowl or casserole dish.
- Cover and microwave on high for 2 to 2 1/2 minutes. Check — the broccoli should be fork tender. If not, recover and allow broccoli to sit until it is done.
- Strain water from broccoli and allow it to cool.
- Cut 4 English muffins in half. Toast the 8 muffin halves.
- Spoon 2 tablespoons pizza sauce over each English muffin half.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon shredded mozzarella cheese on top of each half.
- Put 2 tablespoons broccoli and 1 teaspoon shredded carrots on top of each half.
- Sprinkle each half with 1 teaspoon grated parmesan cheese.
- Try this recipe with whole grain English muffins or try whole grain thin-style bagels.
- Substitute any vegetables that you have on hand, such as onions, peppers, tomatoes, zucchini, etc.. Chop the vegetables finely and pre-cook any hard vegetables, following the broccoli instructions.