1 cup zucchini, with skin, cut into 1 inch chunks
1 medium tomato, chopped into 1 inch chunks
1/4 cup yellow bell pepper, diced
1/4 cup onion, diced
1/2 tablespoon low-fat mayonnaise
Optional: Salt and pepper
Optional: Shredded parmesan cheese
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a small saucepan.
- Cook on medium-low heat until vegetables are tender, about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from stove top and mix in the mayonnaise.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Try substituting other types of summer squash and other colors of peppers for this recipe.
- Experiment with flavors by adding herbs such as basil, marjoram, or thyme. Use 1/2 teaspoon dried or 1 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh herbs.