Fruit and cheese kabobs
8 12-inch wooden skewers
2 cups cantaloupe, cubed
2 cups pineapple chunks, canned or fresh
2 kiwis, peeled and cut into eight chunks
16 strawberries, hulled
16 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Wash, peel, and prepare the fruit.
- Cut the cheese into 32 cubes.
- Slide pieces of fruit and cheese onto the skewer, alternating between the fruit and cheese. Use 4 pieces of cheese per skewer. Begin and end with strawberries.
- Serve chilled.
- Young children (under 4) should not be served food on wooden skewers. Serve the fruit and cheese in a bowl or cup, or create mini-skewers on pretzels.
- Try different kinds of fruit. Substitute fruit that is in-season such as watermelon or apple chunks.
- Try different kinds of cheese. Cheddar goes well with fruit but will have a higher fat content.