Fruity breakfast parfait
2 cups canned pineapple, drained
1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
1 cup vanilla or plain yogurt
1 firm, medium banana, washed, peeled, and sliced
1/3 cup raisins
1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Slightly thaw frozen berries.
- In clear glasses or mugs, layer pineapple, raspberries, yogurt, banana, and raisins. Put half of each fruit and half of the yogurt in the bottom. Repeat layers.
- Top with toasted nuts or a reserved piece of fruit.
- Eat promptly or refrigerate and enjoy within 1-2 hours.
- Experiment with different fruit and yogurt combinations. If you don’t like nuts, top with granola or crushed cereal instead.
- Parfaits are a popular option when preparing food for groups. Layer the parfait ingredients in a large clear bowl. Alternatively, set out the ingredients and small clear glasses and let guests customize their own parfait.
- This is a great recipe to prepare with young children. Kids may be more likely to try a new food (fruit, etc.) if they make it themselves.