6 romaine lettuces leaves, torn into 1 1/2 inch pieces
1 medium cucumber, peeled and sliced
1 medium tomato, chopped
1/2 cup red onion, sliced
1/3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
For the Dressing
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Combine lettuce, cucumber, tomato, onion, and cheese in large serving bowl.
- Make the dressing. Whisk together oil, lemon juice, oregano, and salt in small bowl.
- Pour the dressing over the lettuce mixture; toss until coated. Serve immediately.
- Add sliced black, green, or Kalamata olives.
- To add protein, top the salad with grilled, baked, or roasted chicken or cooked garbanzo beans.
- Serve the salad along with hummus and pita wedges.