Green bean and mushroom medley
3 cups fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch lengths
2 carrots, cut into thick slices
3 tablespoons oil
1 large onion, sliced
1 pound fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 teaspoon low-sodium lemon pepper seasoning
1/2 tablespoon garlic salt
1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- Place green beans and carrots in 1 inch of boiling water.
- Cover, and cook until tender but still firm. Drain the water.
- Add oil to a heated skillet. Sauté onions and mushrooms until almost tender. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 3 minutes.
- Stir in green beans, carrots, lemon pepper, and garlic salt.
- Cover, and cook for 5 minutes over medium heat.
- Prepare this dish ahead of time and reheat in the oven. Prepare through step 3 and mix the ingredients in a greased shallow baking pan. Refrigerate. When you are ready to reheat, preheat the oven to 325 degrees and bake the dish for 10 minutes until heated thoroughly.
- Use this same recipe to explore different vegetable, seasoning and nut combinations.