Grilled vegetable skewers
3 large green peppers, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
3 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
24 cherry tomatoes
1 medium eggplant, cut into cubes
24 whole mushrooms
Nonstick cooking spray
1/4 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon oregano
- If using bamboo skewers, soak skewers (pointed side up) in a glass of water for 2 minutes. (This will keep them from breaking or catching fire when they are over the hot coals.)
- Put green pepper, zucchini, cherry tomatoes, eggplant, and mushrooms into bowl. Lightly spray vegetables with nonstick cook spray while mixing with a spoon.
- Sprinkle basil and oregano over vegetables. Mix.
- Place vegetables onto skewers, alternating vegetables as you go.
- Grill over hot coals or broil for 3-5 minutes. Serve. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Add or swap in other vegetables your family might like, or add pineapple chunks to the skewers.
- If you don’t own skewers, you can also make these vegetables in a grill basket.
- Use other spices like garlic or paprika.
- If you have leftovers, finely chop and add them to pizza, soups, or salads.