1 16-ounce package baby carrots OR 4 large carrots, cut into 2” pieces
1/4 cup water
1 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
2 tablespoons scallions, thinly sliced, plus additional for garnish
1 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
Optional: 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- In a large non-stick skillet, combine carrots and water and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until carrots are almost tender.
- Uncover and cook over medium-high heat until water evaporates.
- Add oil and cook, stirring frequently, for about 5 minutes, or until carrots are lightly browned and just tender.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients.
- Cook, tossing for about 2 minutes, or until carrots are evenly coated.
- Sprinkle with additional scallion, if desired.
- These carrots are tasty hot or cold.
- Package leftover carrots into small containers and pack them in your children’s lunch for something surprisingly different.
- If you have leftover lemon carrots, chop them and add them to a salad or soup.