Marinated black bean salad
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 Tablespoon fresh garlic
- 1⁄2 Tablespoon chili powder
- *1⁄2 cup cilantro
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 – 15 oz cans black beans
- 1⁄2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 3⁄4 cup green peppers, diced
- 1⁄2 cup red peppers, diced
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onions, diced
- *2 Tablespoons Jalapeño, diced, seeded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- *For a milder salad, use less cilantro and omit jalapeños.
1. Dressing: Combine lime juice, cumin, garlic, chili powder, cilantro, olive oil, honey, and apple cider vinegar. Stir well. Set aside for step 3.
2. Combine black beans, corn, green peppers, red peppers, salsa, and onions in a large bowl.
3. Pour dressing over bean mixture. Stir well.
4. Top with cheddar cheese.
Legume as meat alternate: 1 oz equivalent meat alternate and 1⁄4 cup vegetable
Legume as vegetable: .25 oz equivalent meat alternate and 3/8 cup vegetable
- Serve with baked tortilla chips or whole wheat crackers.
- Cheese may be omitted.