Mediterranean chicken and white bean salad
1 cup chicken, cooked without skin
1 15.5 ounce can of white beans, low in sodium
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon dried basil or parsley
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut the chicken into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Drain the beans and rinse with cold water.
- Peel the cucumber and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Peel the onion and cut into 1/2 inch cubes.
- Put all the ingredients in a bowl and mix carefully.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to two days.
- You can substitute two 5-ounce cans of chicken or tuna in water instead of the cut chicken.
- Any cooked white beans can be used in this recipe, including chickpeas, Cannellini beans, large northern white beans, or round white beans.
- Add 1/2 cup of chopped fresh tomatoes if desired.