1/4 cup chili powder
2 Tablespoons cumin
2 Tablespoons ground coriander
2 Tablespoons oregano
2 Tablespoons basil
1 Tablespoon thyme
11 Tablespoons garlic powder
1 Tablespoon black pepper
1.5 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1. Combine all ingredients in small mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
2. Put into an airtight container and cover. Label the container.
3. Store in a cool, dark place, such as refrigerator or a cool cupboard.
4. Add to ground beef, chicken, cooked dried beans, etc.
- Depending on your taste preference, use this spice blend instead of salt to season food.
- Use on meat before baking, and in casseroles or soups, or add to melted margarine or butter to put on hot vegetables.
- If there is a food co-op near you, check for lower prices for spices and herbs. You can buy just the amount of seasonings that you need.
- This low-cost seasoning mix is a tasty replacement for commercial seasoning mixes.
- Prepare this seasoning as a gift. Put it in a clean, airtight jar and add a colorful ribbon and a card with directions for using.