Pico de gallo
4 cups fresh tomatoes, finely chopped
1 medium onion, finely chopped
3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- Combine finely chopped tomatoes, onions, lime juice, and salt in a mixing bowl.
- Add desired amounts of jalapeno and cilantro, starting with lesser amounts and adding more to taste.
- Serve with eggs, tacos, or other Southwestern dishes.
- When chopping jalapeños or hot peppers wear gloves and do not touch your eyes or face.
- Salsa will normally become juicy after sitting for a while.