Ramen noodle skillet
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 cup onion, chopped (about 1 medium onion)
1 carrot, chopped or sliced into small pieces
2 cups frozen broccoli stir fry vegetable mixture
2 cups cooked meat or poultry, cut into bite-sized pieces
1 3 ounce-package instant ramen noodles, broken into pieces
1 cup water
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add onion and carrots and sauté until soft (about 5 minutes).
- Add the broccoli and meat to the skillet. Stir and heat (about 2-3 minutes).
- Add the noodle seasonings and water to the skillet and stir.
- Add broken noodles to the skillet when the water simmers. Stir to moisten the noodles. Cover the skillet and cook until done (about 2 minutes). Serve immediately.
- Speed up this recipe by using leftover meat and vegetables.
- Substitute 1 pound ground beef or turkey to yield two cups of meat. Cook the meat before using.
- This is a great recipe to involve kids involved in the kitchen. Older kids can help chop vegetables. Younger kids can help chop meat and break apart the noodles.