- 1 large pineapple
- 1 lime, halved or 1⁄2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Baking spray
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Spray baking sheet with nonstick spray.
3. Cube pineapple in to 2 inch pieces.
4. Squeeze lime juice over pineapple cubes.
5. Sprinkle brown sugar over pineapple cubes.
6. Roast until soft and beginning to brown, 10-15 minutes.
7. Serve warm.
- To reduce added sugars, roast pineapple without adding brown sugar.
- The lime juice may be omitted.
- Try roasting other vegetables such as peaches and apples.
- Canned pineapple chunks may be used as well. Use 2 - 20 ounce cans. Drain the juice before adding lime juice and brown sugar.