About 5 ounces dried spaghetti (3 cups cooked)
2 teaspoons warm water
3 tablespoons peanut butter
2 teaspoons sesame oil or vegetable oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon sugar
Tabasco to taste
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 cup chopped scallions (green onions)
1 carrot, grated or julienned (cut in long strips)
1 1/2 cups broccoli florets, blanched
Optional: 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
Optional: 1 clove garlic, minced
- If your spaghetti is not already cooked, cook according to package instructions.
- In a large bowl, mix warm water with peanut butter until light and creamy.
- Add sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, and Tabasco. Blend.
- Add spaghetti, tomatoes, scallions, carrot, broccoli, and sesame seeds and garlic if using.
- Toss to coat everything with the sauce and serve.
- If desired, serve the noodles with chopped peanuts, chopped cilantro, and sliced limes.
- This dish tastes great warm or cold.
- To add more protein to this dish, top it with cooked, chopped chicken or turkey, chopped tofu, or chopped hard-boiled egg.
- You can use other noodles you might have on hand udon, rice, soba, etc.