Southwestern style rice bowl
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 15-ounce can mixed vegetables
- 1 14.5 ounce can green beans
- 1 15-ounce can beans (black, garbanzo, kidney or cannellini)
- Spices: 1 tsp. garlic powder, 1 tsp. onion powder, 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 8 ounces taco sauce
- Optional: salsa
1. Cook the rice.
2. Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet on the stovetop. Add the vegetables, beans and spices.
3. Cook and stir until vegetables are heated through.
4. Spoon 3/4 cup rice into each of 4 bowls. Top with the vegetable/bean mixture, serve with salsa to taste.
5. Serve at once. Refrigerate leftovers.