Nonstick cooking spray or small amount of vegetable oil
10 whole wheat English muffins
1 tablespoon oil
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced OR 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 box (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Cut English muffins in half and spread out on a greased baking pan. Bake at 400 degrees F for a few minutes to toast, if desired.
- Heat the oil in a fry pan or skillet. Add onion, stirring often, and cook until tender and slightly browned.
- Add garlic and continue to cook for another minute.
- Thaw spinach in the microwave and squeeze out liquid. Add to frypan and heat through.
- Remove from heat and stir in parmesan cheese.
- Spread spinach mixture on English muffins. Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 5-10 minutes, until cheese is melted.
- The spinach mixture can also be spread on a large pizza crust instead of English muffins. Bake a few minutes longer for a larger pizza.
- Spinach pizzas freeze well. Package unbaked pizzas in an airtight container or freezer bag and freeze. Heat frozen pizzas in an oven or microwave. Use within 3 months for best quality.