Tangy tuna salad
1/3 cup lite mayonnaise
2 teaspoons honey mustard
1 teaspoon sweet pickle relish
Dash of salt
Dash of pepper
1 6-ounce can tuna packed in water, drained and flaked
1/2 cup sweet bell peppers (red, orange, yellow or any combination), finely chopped
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup carrots, finely chopped
1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
Several large lettuce leaves
- Combine mayo, honey mustard, relish, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Stir the tuna into this mixture.
- Fold in all the veggies except for the lettuce.
- Wrap in lettuce leaves and serve.
- Rather than pre-make the wraps, serve this buffet style and have people make their own. Keep the vegetables in separate bowls rather than mix them into the salad. You will probably need extras and consider adding other options (chopped cucumbers, sliced green olives or pickles, etc.). Each person can grab a lettuce leaf, some of the prepared tuna salad, and add their own combination of vegetables to complete the wrap.
- You can also serve this tangy tuna salad as a filling on whole wheat bread or a wrap. Serve with lettuce and sliced tomatoes.
- Try adding different seasonings such as 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or dried dill weed.