Tomato cucumber salad with Italian dressing
3 tomatoes, diced
1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
1 bell pepper, diced
1 stalk celery, finely diced
Optional: 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
1/2 cup bottled or homemade Italian salad dressing, lowfat (see recipes on back)
- Combine all ingredients for the salad.
- Mix all the ingredients for the dressing.
- When salad is mixed, place in the refrigerator. Serve chilled with the dressing.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Try these easy salad dressing recipes:
- Fat free dressing: 1/2 cup water, 2 tablespoons white vinegar, 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Italian dressing: 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/2 cup water, 6 tablespoons cider or red wine vinegar, 2 teaspoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard, 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.
- Lemon olive oil dressing: 1/4 cup olive oil, 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice, 1 teaspoon sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper.