Very berry crisp
2 12-ounce packages frozen mixed berries
1 tablespoon flour
3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
3 tablespoons margarine or butter
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup nuts, chopped
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Put berries and one tablespoon flour into a bowl. Mix gently.
- Pour mixture into a 9” x 9” baking pan.
- In a different bowl, mix together rolled oats, the rest of the flour, margarine, oil, brown sugar and chopped nuts. Use your hands (or a pastry blender or knife) to mix in the margarine or butter. The mixture will feel like crumbs.
- Sprinkle the topping mixture over berries.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- Refrigerate leftovers when you finish eating.
- You can substitute any fresh or frozen fruit for this recipe. If you are using fresh fruit, you may need to adjust the cook time as some fruits will take longer to cook.
- Serve the crisp with non-dairy topping, low-fat whipped cream, or low-fat ice cream for an indulgent treat.
- Serve leftover fruit crisp for breakfast to turn a weekday morning into a special occasion.