Sweet and Tart Dressing
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon poppy seeds
2 medium zucchini, unpeeled, cut into 2-inch sticks
2 yellow summer squash, unpeeled, cut into 2-inch sticks
2 carrots, cut into 2-inch sticks
4 green onions (white and green parts), cut into 2-inch sticks
1 bell pepper, any color, cored, seeded and cut into 2- inch sticks
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- Combine the dressing ingredients
- In another bowl, combine the prepared vegetables and drizzle with dressing.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- You can chill the slaw if you wish, but serve shortly after adding dressing so veggies don’t get soggy.
- Cucumbers or cabbage would go well with this slaw.
- Add a grated or chopped crunchy apple.