The fruit with healthy fat
How to select
Choose avocados with firm skin and no soft spots, firm but yielding to gentle pressure when ripe.
How to store
Store unripe avocados in paper bag at room temperature. Refrigerate when ripe for 2-3 days.
How to use
- Use mashed avocado on your sandwich instead of mayo.
- Add diced avocado to your salad or stir fry.
- Add avocado to omelets or in fish or seafood sauce.
- Try adding avocado to a smoothie.
- Make your own guacamole dip for your favorite raw vegetables.
Did you know...
- The avocado is known as the alligator pear because of its green color and pear like shape.
- Brazilians add avocados to ice cream.
- California produces about 90% of the nations avocado crop.
- Avocados have more potassium than bananas.
- Over 75% of fat in an avocado is healthy (unsaturated fat), making them a great substitute for high saturated fat foods.