Learn more about these tasty little trees
How to select
Choose odorless broccoli heads with tight, bluish-green florets.
How to store
Refrigerate broccoli and use within 3-5 days.
How to use
- Stuff in a sandwich, omelet, pita, or tortilla wrap.
- Top a hot baked potato, cold salad, or pizza.
- Combine in a stir-fry, soup, stew, casserole, or noodles.
- Eat raw with salsa, honey soy dipping sauce, or creamy bean dip.
- Mix into your favorite casserole.
- Eat raw with low fat dip or hummus.
Did you know...
- Americans eat an average of 4lbs broccoli a year.
- Broccoli has been around for more than 2,000 years and was first grown in Italy; it was once known as Italian asparagus.
- The son of Roman Emperor Tiberius loved broccoli so much he refused to eat all other foods except broccoli à la apicius (a mixture of broccoli, cumin, coriander seeds, chopped onion, oil, and sun-made wine) for an entire month.