Explore this colorful root vegetable
How to select
Choose well-shaped, smooth, firm, crisp carrots with deep color and fresh, green tops. Avoid soft, wilted, or split carrots.
How to store
Refrigerate carrots in plastic bag with tops removed up to 2 weeks.
How to use
- Dip raw carrots in hummus, peanut butter, or cottage cheese.
- Add to your favorite soups, slow cooker or casserole recipes.
- A great mobile snack and perfect for a quick snack at home.
- Top your favorite salad with sliced or grated carrots
- Sauté carrots with a sweet glaze.
Did you know...
- Carrots are not always orange and can be found in purple, white, red or yellow.
- European ladies would wear lacy carrot flowers in their hair in the 15th Century.
- California grows the most carrots in the United States.
- Carrots are a type of root vegetable. The edible portion of the plant is grown underground.
- Carrots were the first vegetable to be canned commercially.