The cool summer vegetable
How to select
Choose firm, well shaped cucumbers with dark green color, heavy for size.
How to store
Refrigerate cucumbers in plastic bag up to 1 week.
Ways to use
- Eat them raw as a snack, on a salad, in a soup, cooked, baked, or put them into dips.
- Mix in thin slices of peeled, seeded cucumber for a cool, smooth addition to coleslaw.
- Add some crunch to your lunch by stuffing them into a pita, tortilla, or sandwich.
- Include cucumbers in your favorite pasta salad for a cool meal on a warm day.
Did you know...
- Ever wonder where the saying “cool as a cucumber” comes from? The inside of a cucumber is approximately 20° F cooler than the outside.
- Cucumbers are members of the gourd family, along with melons, pumpkins and squash.
- The biggest cucumber on record was 67 inches long and weighed 154 pounds.