Enjoy citrus in the winter season
How to select
Choose citrus fruits that are firm and feel heavy for their size.
How to store
Store oranges at room temperature for 5-7 days. Refrigerate for up to 3 weeks.
Ways to use
- Fresh squeezed orange juice—so refreshing!
- Tuck them into a chicken wrap with warm vegetables.
- Add to a spinach salad with ripe strawberries and walnuts.
- Toss sliced oranges into creamy chicken or tuna salad.
- Brighten up your lunch with a colorful fruit salad.
Did you know...
- Navel oranges are named because of the belly-button formation opposite the stem.
- The bigger the navel, the sweeter the fruit.
- The tree can grow to reach 30 ft and live for over a 100 years.
- When growing in hot countries, oranges will not turn orange but will stay green; however the taste will be the same.
- After chocolate and vanilla, orange is the worlds favorite flavor.
How to cut an orange
Become a Member
Create a free account to access all site content.
Already have a University of Minnesota account?