Staying active at home during COVID-19
Regular physical activity is important for our physical and mental wellbeing, but the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic can make it challenging to maintain a physically active lifestyle. Here are some tips that can help you to stay active at home during this challenging time.
- Pick and choose the physical activity that works for you.
- Even in small spaces, walking is good for you. Consider pacing while on a phone call.
- Try to stand up and move around more often, especially when you are watching TV.
- Join a free online exercise class on YouTube.
- Use home cardio machines if you have them.
- Walk up and down the stairs for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Household chores and gardening are also good ways to get moving.
- Do resistance exercises with elastic bands.
- Improvise — use canned goods, a gallon of milk, or laundry detergent for weight lifting.
- There are many free apps that offer guided workouts and routines.
- Play active games with children.
- Do an exercise video.