Make a Plan
Making a plan can help you achieve your goals.
How do you get moving during the day?
In real life, it can be hard to find 30 minutes to squeeze in some physical activity. It’s important to do this carefully to be successful. To be successful, you should:
- Make your goals realistic, specific and doable.
- Take small steps over time that will add up to healthier habits.
- Choose activities that you like so the changes you make are fun and rewarding.
- Be flexible so you can change your activities when your plan isn’t working.
Come Up With an Action Plan
Ask yourself the following questions to come up with a physical activity action plan:
- What will I do?
- Where will I do it?
- How long will I do it?
- Will there be challenges?
- How will I cope with challenges?
Thinking through these questions can help you anticipate what challenges you might overcome so you can be more prepared to achieve your goal of moving more!
Plan for Accountability
Social support can really help you stay on track and keep up or increase your level of physical activity. It can also make your activity more fun. Think about how you can get support from your family and friends.
- Set a standing date to walk with a friend once a week.
- Make a plan to go on a bike ride or go to the gym with a family member.
- Check-in with a friend every week to see if you’ve both followed through on your action plans.