Move Throughout the Day
Fitting activity into your day
Any movement adds up
Do you know anyone who is able to get 30 minutes a day of activity on most days? National physical activity guidelines say 30 minutes a day, but that can be hard to fit into your schedule. Did you know you can achieve the same health benefits by moving 30 minutes one time a day or 10 minutes, 3 times per day? When it comes to moving, some activity is better than none -- and more is better. Any amount of physical activity will provide health benefits.
Shake up your daily routine
Being physically active doesn’t mean you have to spend hours in the gym. Watch the video below for ways you can add more activity into your day.
1. Park further away from the door at work or stores.
2. Stand and walk around while you are on the phone.
3. Take the stairs instead of the elevator or escalator.
4. Clean up! Your house chores can count as activity.
5. Get your hands dirty in a garden.
6. Have a living room dance party!